Keep users engaged and wanting
Each day during this promotion the images behind these messages are updated to show the latest “deal of the day”, and then yesterday’s images are changed to read this “deal has ended”. Keeping me in suspense to see the next deal, as I’m always in the market for a great deal and usually some kind of electronic product this keeps me wanting to know what is next… Maybe it is that SLR Camera (or accessory), or 40″ LCD TV, or an appliance I need to replace.
Key lessons from this message:
- Keep users engaged and wanting your messages (in suspense not surprised)
- Be original – I don’t get any other messaging like this from other retailers, and this is a key difference with these messages.
- Remain nimble – Switching up the images your getting more bang for your buck – one send one CPM delivery charge with the equivalent of 10 unique offers.
- This message also allows the sender to change the images midday if they sell out and update with “sold out” in your messages once your out of stock.
- Create a strong sense of urgency – use words like; limited quantities, in store and online offer, time sensitive “1 day only”