Help monitoring your brand
Having troubles monitoring your branding? Want someone else to do it… for FREE.
In order to accomplish this try using Google alerts to monitor a number of different items. Monitor for terms related to you employer or a partner/client, others can be used to monitor news related to your industry or a special interest. This can be enlightening when it comes to customers talking about your brand
To setup a google alert;
- Go to ether; Google News or Google Alerts
- Enter your search terms (topic) – News link is recommended to view results before creating alert to ensure you get the results that you want.
- Select the link “Get the latest news on topic with Google Alerts”
- Then select;
- Type of search (news, blogs, web, groups or comprehensive)
- Frequency of alerting (As it Happens, daily or weekly)
- and the email address you would like these alerts sent to (this will be confirmed to active)
- Confirm the email address from #4 and your on the way to receiving alerts as items get indexed by Google.
Notes about alerts (and search tuning);
- Google allows you to have 200 different alerts
- Use a plus (+) sign to indicate “This + That” – (this and that together)
- Use a minus (-) sign to indicate “This – That” – (this but not that)
- Use Quotes (” “) to indicate an exact phrase – “email marketing”
- There may be other services like this but Google Alerts are free and easy to manage