Last year I predicted three things for 2010, lets take a quick look back at how accurate I was:
- Canada to get an anti-spam law – Check!: We got it, look out 2011 C-28 is here.
- Continued use of “less then desirable practices” – Check!: Batch and Blast, List purchase, failure to follow CAN-SPAM (Really! It’s been 7 yrs already!), Image or HTML only emails are still common and are not going away based on the messages in my inbox
- Consolidation in the ESP/email space – Check!: WhatCounts, Pivotal Veracity, Unica, Aprimo…
Not bad three for three.
Top Posts of 2010:
- Presentation: Fighting Internet and Wireless Spam Act
- Gmail Changes
- 8 email list rental do’s and don’ts
- Has Share to Social Replaced Forward to a Friend?
- Guest: Pre-Header Rendering Lessons
- True Stories: Email List Building
- New Yahoo Webmail Beta Launched
- Hotmail Connection Issues Resolved
- Bounce Handeling (2007 post)
- Guest: To Map or Not To Map