In ad serving news…
Today Google announced that they have been given the go ahead from the FTC surrounding the purchase of DoubleClick.
Google Points to six main factors in this decision:
- Transaction was cleared with no conditions
- Google and DoubleClick are not competitors
- Third party ad serving markets are highly competitive
- Privacy not a part of the merger review
- Data combination wouldn’t pose problems
- Advertisers and publishers aren’t concerned
Read the full review if these items on the Official Google Blog. The last hurdle in this process is the go ahead from the European Commission, expected in the Spring on 2008.