What do you know about CAN-SPAM? Are you compliant with the law?
It’s easy – Here is what you need to know:
* It bans false or misleading header information. This means you must be accurate and identify the person who initiated the email (aka. the sender)
* The subject line cannot mislead the recipient about the contents or subject matter of the message.
* It requires that your email give recipients an opt-out method and you must honor the requests. Via an internet-based response mechanism that allows a recipient to ask you not to send future email messages, you must include the option to end any commercial messages from the sender.
* You have 10 business days to stop sending email to the requestor’s email address.
* It requires that commercial email be identified as an advertisement and include the sender’s valid physical postal address.
* Your message must contain clear and conspicuous notice that the message is an advertisement or solicitation and that the recipient can opt out of receiving more commercial email from you.
Find more CAN-SPAM info here.